Basic Course on the Internet of Things – Level 2
Why should you take up this course?
- Participants will be familiarized with the general IoT framework and IoT system design aspects.
- The lectures will present system level aspects of sensors interfacing, networking Bluetooth low energy (BLE) devices, and computing involved in IoT systems.
- Hands-on lab sessions to build use cases while actually implementing the system. This includes interfacing a basic IoT system with multiple sensors, the associated interfacing, BLE-STAR topology, computation and analysis of data acquired through the IoT sensor setup, mobile app-based data visualization of sensor data.
- The lectures and lab sessions have an integrated format and go hand in glove in building complete understanding of concepts, practically.
- This course will be a prerequisite for other advanced courses that will build on this course and will specialize in specific aspects of the course or application areas.
Who is delivering this course:
Who can register?
Title : Basic course on IoT
Course Level : Basic (Level 2)
Course Dates: 3 – 8 July, 2023 (Monday to Saturday)
Duration: One week (48-50 hours)
Session Schedule: 9:00 am – 6:30 pm
Last date for registration:
21 June, 2023 Extended till 29 June, 2023
Mode : Offline/In-person
Venue: IIT Bombay
Brochure: Please click here to download the brochure
Registration: Please click here to register after reading the details of the course
Accommodation: Please click here for details on accommodation on the campus
Beneficiary Name – TIH FOUNDATION FOR IoT AND IoE
Bank Name – State Bank of India.
Bank Account No. – 40813043385
Branch Name – I.I.T. Bombay Campus (Powai)
IFSC Code – SBIN0001109
B) QR code (While making payment, in the remark please mention (IoT Course and Applicant’s name)
- Module 1: Recap about IoT-system architecture, advantages, challenges
- Module 2: Components of IoT system: Interfacing of smart sensor/digital sensor interfacing with microcontroller/specially designed SoCs for IoT applications, Sensor interfacing protocols: I2C, SPI, Wireless module interfacing: UART protocol, wireless modules with the processor
- Module 3: Networking for IoT devices, Types of Network/Network Topologies (Star, Bus, Ring), Bluetooth Low Energy Protocol Stack (Brief about BLE stack, GATT attributes, characteristics, Services; GAP profile)
- Module 4: Topics relevant to data analysis, Machine learning and deep learning & or IoT
- Module 5: Design aspects for integration of IoT-system
- Module 6: Industry expert session on recent advancements in IoT
Examination : There will be short examination on the last day of the schedule
Certificate : A course completion certificate will be provided to the applicants after successful completion of the course (75% attendance is mandatory)