TIH-IoT CHANAKYA Fellowship Program 2023 (1)
About TIH Foundation for IoT & IoE (TIH-IoT)
CHANAKYA Fellowship Program
This program provides an opportunity for faculty to form a group of students from various academic levels (UG & PG) to work on a project in the areas of IoT. The project is proposed by the faculty and the students are a part of that team.
Guidelines for Group Formation:
|Sr. No.||Group Category||No. of Students|
|2.||UG + PG||2-5 (minimum 1 UG, maximum 2 PG)|
|Healthcare||Network and communication|
|Industrial IoT||Cloud Computing|
|Security Systems||Secured Edge Computing|
|Smart Education||Smart Actuator System|
|Smart Cities||Software based projects (IoT Platform and applications)|
|Other relevant areas||Security|
A) Undergraduate (UG)
B) Postgraduate (PG)
A) Undergraduate (UG) Students
B) Postgraduate (PG) Students
Note: The contingency fund can be utilized for covering the cost of travel and stay of the student, consumables, and conference/course registrations.
How To Apply
- The faculty should form a group of students in any of the group category and apply in any of the areas mentioned above. The faculty must fill the application form on behalf of the group.
- Applications will only be accepted through the application form, link for which has been given at the end of this section.
- The project proposal has to be prepared in the prescribed format given in the link (Project Proposal Format link to download) and should be submitted along with the application form.
- Applicant (faculty mentor) should obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) in the given (NOC format to download) from their Institute and submit it along with the application form.
- The executive Summary of the project proposal (max 250 words) has to be prepared in the prescribed format given in the link (Executive summary format link to download) and submit with the application form.
- The team can make only 1 project application in the registration form. However, for applying for more than 1 projects they will have to do separate registrations.
Or Scan the code
6 November 2023 6:00 pm IST
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED/INFORMED THROUGH EMAIL. The decision of TIH-IoT in awarding the project will be final and binding and no correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
TIH-IoT CHANAKYA Fellowship FAQ
The project work will be carried out at the host institute (Faculty applicant’s institute).
Yes, you can make a team from different departments of the same Institute/University.
No, the team should comprise of students from the same institute/university.
Yes, all the students in the team will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the fellowship.
Please refer to the eligibility section in the call for proposal.
Faculty mentor/supervisor should apply on behalf of the group/team. Faculty mentor/supervisor should form a team from same institute and nominate one of the students as team leader to work on the proposed project.
The faculty can make a group as per the table below.
No. of Students
UG + PG
2-5 (minimum 1 UG, maximum 2 PG)
TIH-IoT will expect a quarterly or 5 months progress report signed by the faculty supervisor/mentor.
Yes, GATE score is mandatory. Please refer to the eligibility section in the call for proposal.
No, the student is not eligible if he/she is already in receipt of any central or state government scholarship/fellowship
Yes. There can be a guide and a co-guide however the application must be processed through the guide only.
You need to surrender the existing government fellowship if you receive the CHANAKYA fellowship. Also, the NOC as per format is to be submitted of not receiving any other fellowship.